Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jambo from Kenya!

Friends and family,

Jambo! Today was our first day in Kenya after 36+ hours of traveling. Our flight from London landed in Nairobi, Kenya early this morning, and we hoped on the next plane to Mombasa. Our host, Ezekiel, met us at the airport and drove us to the town of Kilifi, where we are staying. We all got settled in and ate lunch.

Exhaustion is setting in on me personally and the team in general. We've been on planes and in airports for the past 2 days, everyone's feet are swollen, and it's only early afternoon! Our first day will be spent resting and bonding as a team. We are all so excited to see what God has planed for each of us and cannot wait to start our 3 week journey tomorrow.

Mom and Dad- I love you both so much and cannot thank each of you enough for all you've done to support me. Without y'alls help, I would not be here now. I miss both of you and I'm excited to see you both soon!

Chris- I love you and miss you tons!

God is good and is doing great things for us here in Kenya!
Katy and Team

8 comments:

  1. Katy, I love you sweet girl. You are all very much on my mind. I am praying throughout the day each and every day of your journey - for effective ministry, for God's protection over you in a foreign country, and for personal growth. And now I guess I need to pray that everyone's CANKLES will slim down as you rest and prepare for ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, JAMBA back at 'cha...
    How wonderful to be able to join you as you minister and travel. Thanks for the update. Treasure each adventure to last a life time. God be with you. "Trust in Him with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."
    With joy to you, Carol Schmeltzer

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless, Kenya team! Work hard, pray hard, play hard, and enjoy the blessings of being there! Much love!

    -Noel

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAMBO! So glad to hear you all made it safe! Missing you guys and actually missing Haiti as I read about your arrival in Kenya! :( Praying for you guys constantly. Love love love! Ariel- missing you already best friend!

    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you, Katy! I know the Lord will refresh and renew you continuously through the living Spirit that is in each of you. Don't be afraid of the exhaustion or the frustrations that will make your days harder, rather praise the Lord that His glory is shown even in your weakness!

    Chase- It was weird not seeing you in staff meeting today :(

    Love you all, and don't get malaria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited you are there now, Evan, Kelly, and team!!!! Enjoy every moment. We are praying for God to do great things in you, for you, and through you!

    Love, Debbie Gomez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Katy! I'm so excited to be able to hear about what you are doing over there. I'm wearing my green Kenya t-shirt today and praying for you continually. God bless and keep you!

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kate,

    Good to hear from you! Praying for you and your team. Do a good work, and I will see you next month.

    Love you,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete