Monday, May 21, 2012

The Greatest of These Is Love

As we are sitting in the London Heathrow Airport, I can't help but be reminded of the original twelve disciples. They traveled by foot, pairs of two, and it makes me wonder what they talked about as they walked to pass the time. They certainly didn't have planes, books, card games, internet, laptops, and movies. I imagine that they loved each other deeply, and definitely shared the same sense of community as we are right now. It truly overjoys my heart to see our team laughing at silly card games, sharing our nervousness, excitement, and truly loving each other. Love: it is the absolute truth in everything we do. The reason we share the gospel is because we know of God's love for us and can't help but share it with others! God first loved us, this is how we are able to love others. God loved the world so much He sent His Son for the absolute true sacrifice for our sins. I think too easily we pass over that. "Yea, yea Jesus died for me. I have heard it all my life. I know what He did." Where is the excitement? Where is the joy in the freedom that comes with that? The people that are dying today for their belief in Him definitely see that in a much different light! It is the one thing the hold onto the most! He died a horrific and humiliating death for YOU! God came down, in the form of man, and died for YOU! Because HE LOVED YOU! I don't want to take that for granted anymore! I want that to be the one thing I jump up and down, sing, dance, and praise God for every day of my life. 


If there is anything I want to be know for in life, it is that I loved others well, no mater what nation, creed, color, or beliefs. The essence of this comes from 1 Corinthians 13:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."


The greatest of these is LOVE! I love my team. I love the gifts I have been given, and this opportunity that God has given me to lead my team to Kenya! I love that I have been called to international missions for the rest of my life. I love my Savior, and I truly am so joyful that I can't help but share the Gospel. I can't wait to see what He has in store.


Peace and Blessings,


Chase Fallin and Team

No comments:

Post a Comment